Friday, July 6, 2012

Every journey begins with a single step...and a small nudge...

My name is Heather, and I love food.

Nope, that's not even it. I mean, I do love food, but I'm not an out of control eater, I make generally good choices. I gained forty pounds about 10 years ago. Between moving away from everything I knew as I married and relocated, and then having a baby, I've been the same forty pounds overweight for the last ten years, give or take ten pounds.

Last year on Weight Watchers, I lost 20 pounds. I've kept fifteen off, but still would like to lose 30-40 pounds on top of that. I've tried doing weight watchers online, and I just don't DO it. If you don't DO IT, it doesn't work.

So here I am, 32 and still whining about the same forty pounds I've been whining about for the last ten years. Productive right? :)

I have good friends who are advocare distributors. Eleven days ago, they started the 24 day challenge. I couldn't afford to do it, but they purchased it for me as a thank you for helping with their wedding. (I'd like to mention that all I do is "Oooooh" and "Ahhhhh", and I don't do much else...they are just incredibly awesome and generous people)

So tomorrow, I start "Day 1" of the cleanse. My friend has already mentioned all of the lovely parts (being uncomfortable, no coffee, etc) so I'm hoping there are no big problems. I've purchased lean proteins and fruits and veggies. I'm armed and I'm ready. And sadly, I'll probably be much more accountable as I didn't purchase it myself. Funny how it's so much easier for me to be accountable to others. It's one thing to waste my money, but I'd hate to waste someone elses!!

I'm not going to post starting weight and measurements. I have them, but I'd be mortified! Maybe when I can look back in a few months, I'll add them. But I will post what I've lost in both lbs and inches.

I'm going to try to blog all 24 days. When I learned that they'd done this for me, I immediately started googling, and loved reading other people's blogs. No promises, but I'll try!

Thanks for following along...hopefully it's going to be the start to an amazing journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment